SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Westphalia Dev. Corp. (the “Corporation”) announced today its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022. The Corporation was formed in March 2012, for the development of a 310-acre Westphalia property located in Prince George’s County, Maryland, United States.
Development and Sales
The key development and sales activities of the Corporation in the second quarter ending June 30, 2022, were:
- The re-planning of the Westphalia Town Center to reduce the retail and office scope to obtain more residential units is underway led by the Corporation. Collaboration with elected officials is taking place along with a revision of the Conceptual Site Plan and Preliminary Plan of the subdivision that will also involve submitting a Detailed Site Plan for a retail and mixed-use portion of the development.
- Major infrastructure development is continuing including roads, storm water and sewer utilities leading into and through the Master Plan using tax increment financing (“TIF”) which is fully funded and scheduled to be complete by Q4 2022/Q1 2023.
- A planning effort has been initiated aimed at revising the Preliminary Plat and Conceptual Development Plan that will take place throughout the remainder of this year and into 2023, ahead of closing on pending sales transactions with the developer of the proposed last mile distribution buildings.
- The Corporation is continuing to engage in discussions with numerous prospective builders, retail brokers and developers regarding the purchase of fully engineered lots with the goal to adhere to the business plan modification. Final commitments will be deferred until the plan has been advanced through the regulatory process and is closer to approval.
- The Westphalia Town Center re-planning is in process to incorporate more residential units alongside retail space to accommodate growth in the area. A cohesive mixed-use plan for the retail core of the Master Plan is underway to complement the planned industrial space in the westernmost parcels. Engineering plans began in Q2 2022, ahead of application submittals to regulatory and County agencies that will begin in the Q3 2022.
- Operating expenses for this quarter remained consistent with Q1 2022.
- In January 2022, the Corporation secured a US$3.6 million operating expense loan from its lender, WWMN, LLC. After the end of the first quarter 2022, the senior loan, including the January 2022 operating expense advance, was re-negotiated with WWMN, LLC, for an aggregate loan amount of US$44.5 million with a maturity date of June 30, 2023, with the option to extend an additional year.
The Corporation’s financial statements and management’s discussion and analysis for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, are available under the Corporation’s SEDAR profile at sedar.com.