和頓宣佈推出全新業務線 – 土地投資適用的增長 DST 1031交換 (1031 Exchange) 要約。這個適用於土地的DST 要約非常特別，其1031交換策略可讓認可投資者延遲繳交資本增值稅，並與美國頂尖建築商共同購買土地以開發住宅社區。一般而言，DST 投資是把出售投資項目所得的收益轉移到其他已開發的投資項目，例如一些提供低增長收入的商業大廈及公寓。
和頓策略為專注於全股權、增長型 DST ，以獲得較傳統DST 更高的潛在投資回報。而且，由於大多傳統融資DST 設有還款限制，其持有期不能延長。
和頓利用其數十年土地收購經驗，在美國高增長地區收購 DST 項目，按1031 稅項規定持有項目以獲得價值增長，並在持有期後推銷項目予美國頂尖建築商。
和頓第一個DST 要約為喬治亞州 Growth 1 DST，已推出予合資格投資者。其他要約預計在年內推出。
和頓集團資本市場高級副總裁 Todd Woodhead 表示：「由於當前資本化率和槓桿率波動，我們相信美國投資者對全股權、增長型 1031 交換的需求很大。 這個要約與市場上其他產品很不同。土地價值增長潛力預計遠超於一般基於收入的1031 交換所得的收益，而我們的目標持有期為3至5年。我們希望通過短期離場策略帶來增長，而非有如傳統 DST 在較長的持有期後只帶來少量回報收益。」
和頓相信，土地價值按市場狀況具潛在增長，建築商完成開發審批後，土地價值亦會上升。當建築商簽訂買賣協議，他們便會展開土地開發審批工作，最終收購土地以興建房屋。建築商的土地投資將在銷售時轉移給 DST 投資者。
Todd Woodhead 補充：「DST 投資預料在未來數年很受歡迎。一些合資格投資者可考慮使用土地以滿足其1031交換需求，以增長策略使投資組合多元化、延遲繳交資本增值稅，並通過硬資產保留資金。由於全美房屋不足問題嚴重，房屋建築商客戶也可以在DST項目可供收購時購入這些土地項目以開發更多住房以滿足需求。」
The contents of this communication: (i) do not constitute an offer of securities or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities, (ii) offers can be made only by the confidential Private Placement Memorandum (the “PPM”) which is available upon request, (iii) do not and cannot replace the PPM and is qualified in its entirety by the PPM, and (iv) may not be relied upon in making an investment decision related to any investment offering by an issuer, or any affiliate, or partner thereof (“Issuer”). All potential investors must read the PPM and no person may invest without acknowledging receipt and complete review of the PPM. With respect to any “targeted” goals and performance levels outlined herein, these do not constitute a promise of performance, nor is there any assurance that the investment objectives of any program will be attained. All investments carry the risk of loss of some or all of the principal invested. These “targeted” factors are based upon reasonable assumptions more fully outlined in the Offering Documents/ PPM for the respective offering. Consult the PPM for investment conditions, risk factors, minimum requirements, fees and expenses and other pertinent information with respect to any investment. These investment opportunities have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 and are being offered pursuant to an exemption therefrom and from applicable state securities laws. All offerings are intended only for accredited investors unless otherwise specified. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All information is subject to change. You should always consult a tax professional prior to investing. Investment offerings and investment decisions may only be made on the basis of a confidential private placement memorandum issued by Issuer, or one of its partner/issuers. Issuer does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Thank you for your cooperation.
Securities are/will be offered through Walton RE Securities, LLC, registered broker dealer of record, member of FINRA (www.finra.org), member of SIPC (www.sipc.org).
Securities offered through Emerson Equity LLC Member: FINRA/SIPC. Only available in states where Emerson Equity LLC is registered. Emerson Equity LLC is not affiliated with any other entities identified in this communication.
1031 Risk Disclosure:
- There is no guarantee that any strategy will be successful or achieve investment objectives.
- Potential for property value loss – All real estate investments have the potential to lose value during the life of the investments.
- Change of tax status – The income stream and depreciation schedule for any investment property may affect the property owner’s income bracket and/or tax status. An unfavorable tax ruling may cancel deferral of capital gains and result in immediate tax liabilities.
- Potential for foreclosure – All financed real estate investments have potential for foreclosure.
- Illiquidity – Because 1031 exchanges are commonly offered through private placement offerings and are illiquid securities. There is no secondary market for these investments.
- Reduction or Elimination of Monthly Cash Flow Distributions – Like any investment in real estate, if a property unexpectedly loses tenants or sustains substantial damage, there is potential for suspension of cash flow distributions.
- Impact of fees/expenses – Costs associated with the transaction may impact investors’ returns and may outweigh the tax benefits